QUICK AND EASY $5 SPOOKY
HALLOWEEN WREATH!
WHAT?
___By JR Baker
While strolling through the isles of my local Dollar Tree store, searching for discount gift bags and trims, I happened upon the Halloween decorations and quickly realized, “I need a new Halloween wreath!” My creative mind quickly scanned through the decor available and crafted a plan that included only 5 items. When I sat down to start my project, it took me about 30 minutes and bonus--no glue used!
Materials Used
My local Dollar Tree had some great finds and while there were lots of witch items (my favorite type of Halloween decor), it wasn’t really working out in my favor. So I ended up with a spooky spider motive. Below are the supplies you will need to get this look:
- 12” Plastic Spider Web with Glitter Spider--I picked the pink spider but there is silver, green, and black, too!
(2) Halloween Garland 6’ long--options available. I chose the witches feet but you can get anything from pumpkins to spiders, like these.
(1)Boo Glitter Hanging Sign
(1)Plastic Door Bow--I chose the Polka Dot Green/Orange/Purple one but, once again, there are options. So pick what works with your colors.
Putting it all together!
This was super easy!!!
Wrap the garland around the outside of the plastic spider web.
I ended up with about 4 wraps in each web section. You will use two of the garland and just tuck in the ends into the garland to hide each end.
Attach your “BOO” sign.
Like I said in the beginning of this article, there is no glue! The “BOO” sign comes with a hanging ribbon so I slipped it around the spider in the center so that it hung off of it allowing the sign to sit at the bottom of the wreath.
Place your Bow.
The bow comes with a twisty tie attached to the back so I placed the bow off to the side with the tails hanging down into the “BOO” sign, then tucked the tails hanging over behind the “BOO” sign.
Optional Step--LIGHTS!!!
This step is completely optional. I was gifted some very cool purple spider LED battery operated lights making this wreath fun in the day and at night. If you would like to add these, wrap the lights around the outside of the web, weaving it into the garland. I suggest finding lights with a light battery pack. If that is not possible and you have a heavy battery pack, weave the end cords so the battery ends up behind the bow. Mine hangs fine without it being secured. But you may want to pull out your glue gun at this point to keep it from moving around. These are the lights I was given.
| Spider LED Lights |
Final step----Hang it on your door! See how easy that was?
Total Cost:
Garland $2
Spider Web $1
“Boo” Sign $1
Door Bow $1
Total: $5
Add the spider lights and you will add another $8. Now that is an affordable Halloween decoration!
Keep it simple and enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment